Photo by Nir Arieli
Ryan Durinick is a New York City based designer who specializes in hand lettering, illustration, publication/editorial design and anything else you want to throw at him. In addition to studio work and freelance, he also teaches at the School of Visual Arts in New York City. He can confirm it is strange talking about yourself in the third person.
Awards and features include:
- Graphis New Talent Annual 2010 – Silver
- Type Directors Club Typography 29
- Type Directors Club Annual Exhibition 54
- Grafik magazine (2010)
- Summit International Awards Logo Redesign 2013 – Bronze
- Summit International Awards B2B Direct Marketing 2014 – Bronze
- UCDA Design Competition 2018 – Award of Excellence x6
- PRINT Regional Design Awards 2018 – Posters/Flyers Series, Illustration
- Graphis Poster Annual 2019 – Gold, Silver
- Riding every roller coaster at Six Flags Great Adventure.
- Performing at an open mic comedy night.
- Attending parties and dinner functions full of strangers without staring at my phone the entire time to offset the potential awkwardness.
- Staring directly at the sun with no tinted glasses during the solar eclipse of August 21, 2017.
- Retaining the ability to use QuarkXpress (with shortcuts).
- Ability to consistently negotiate my Verizon Fios bill back down to the first-year introductory rates.
Feel free to follow me on Instagram.